Nowadays theatre is being used in numerous projects of social-educational projects, using it for different purposes both social, as educational. In Spain and in Europe, in general, are being developed interventions based on this instrument, identifying, at this moment, a deficit of training, to allow social workers to make quality interventions in this area.
Through this project the participants learned to use theatre, in general, and forum theatre in specific, with the purpose to familiarize them with new techniques of working with youngsters, to obtain their active participation in community, to promote concepts like anti-discrimination, tolerance and social inclusion.
- To understand the role of theatre in working with youngsters, especially those belonging to disadvantaged categories
- Knowing specific theatre techniques and their advantages
- Familiarizing with forum theatre – elements, structure and applicability
- Developing competences in using theatre – public speaking, expresivness, improvisation, non-verbal communication
- Exchange of good practice and ideas for using theatre in working with groups of young people with fewer opportunities
- Developing cultural competences and working in multicultural environments
- Increasing tolerance and accepting diversity
- Improving the level of English, both in the theatre area, as informal
Period: 15.09.2014 – 01.03.2015
Location: Tenerife, Spain
Beneficiaries: 24 people that work with young people, belonging to fewer opportunities categories, from 8 European countries: Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia, and Macedonia
Training course, 25.10.2014 – 02.11.2014, where the participants learned to use instruments and techniques of theatre and forum theatre, worked in developing their own capacity of creating theatre plays and managing the part of public interaction after the play. Additional to the training sessions, the course included free time activities, like city rally, intercultural night activities and others that offered the participants, of different cultures, the opportunity to interact and know each other.
Photo Gallery on our Facebook
Teach For Bulgaria
Centre for improvement of the quality of life of the persons with intellectual disability and their families PORAKA NOVA
Abrigo Seguro – Associação de Solidariedade Social