A recent study has showed that at least 3 of 10 European are doing volunteer work and that 80% of the Europeans state that active participation in society is a crucial part of their life. This type of statistics emphasize that volunteering is very important for Europeans, but also it shows that are people, that from different reasons, are not involved in volunteer work.
The importance of volunteering among youngsters has been and it is in present day the subject of many research studies and strategies at European and national level. Young people are one of the greatest resources of Europe. They represent the potential for the future. Also it is a group that struggles with a lot of challenges like unemployment and associate social problems.
The purpose of the project Rock in Iasi is to increase the awareness of young Europeans (and specially Romanians) about the role of volunteer work in the personal and professional development.
The project’s objectives:
- Developing peer-to-peer abilities on the concept of volunteer work among the 12 youngsters from 3 European countries during the period September – December 2013;
- Developing event management competences among the 12 youngsters from 3 European countries in November 2013;
- Promoting local and international volunteer work during the period September – December 2013;
- Promoting local and international volunteer work among 1500 spectators, young Romanian, with the age between 15 -27, during the 3 days festival, in November 2013;
- Developing creativity and musical competences among the 12 youngsters from 4 European countries during the period September – December 2013;
- Developing cultural competences among the 12 youngsters from 3 European countries during the period September – December 2013.
Period: 01.08.2013 – 01.02.2014
Location: Iasi, Romania
12 EVS volunteers from Portugal, Italy, and Spain
- 25 Romanian members and volunteers of the organizing team of Rock’n’Iasi Festival, 9th edition
- 1500 participants, Romanians, with ages between 15 – 17, during the 3 days’ Festival that will be informed about EVS and local, national and international volunteering opportunities and the advantages of getting involved
- 100 beneficiaries of the multi-media materials
1. Sessions of training with the European volunteers about the importance of volunteer work and active participation, non-formal education, project and event management (September 2013). Rehearsals and musical education (September – November 2013).
2. Meetings to plan the Rock’n’Iasi Festival, 9th edition (September – November 2013) and implementing activities to organize the Rock’n’Iasi Festival, 9th edition (September – November 2013).
3. Promoting the Rock’n’Iasi Festival, 9th edition (September – November 2013) and promoting EVS and volunteer work in Romania to 1500 beneficiaries (November 2013).
4. Making multi-media materials (movies, presentations, etc.) as supplementary online dissemination measures of the project (December 2013).
Students’ Cultural House from Iasi
Anime – Projecto de Animação e Formação