The Association for Participation, Opportunity and Development(P.O.D.) has its origins in Iasi, Romania with the name of “pod” (bridge). In February 2014 started to develop its activity in Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain. Nowadays, we are working in many islanders municipalities, offering our labour to other local NGOs and to the public administration.
The association’s main objective is to organize actions to promote, support and disseminate the European mobility programmes’ values, and to include the European thinking in our fields of work.
We base our work in the following principles:
- Continuing vocational education and training.
- Health promotion, sports, science, arts, traditions, culture and preservation of the national heritage monuments.
- Protect the environment and nature, agriculture and tourism
- Economic, cultural and social development.
- Youth education based in non-formal learning methods.